The following applies to all students enrolling in courses offered through AGVA.
Minimal Technology Requirements
It is the student’s/parent's or partner school’s responsibility, not the responsibility of Amazing Grace Virtual Academy (AGVA), to ensure that the student has access to a computer system that meets or exceeds the minimum hardware and software specifications to participate in an online course. Note that the minimum specifications listed below may result in slow access speeds and lead to some frustration. Some courses may have additional hardware and/or software requirements, as specified by the course instructor.
The MINIMUM Software Requirements
● Word Processing Software
○ Must be able to open, edit, and save files created by Microsoft Word or Google Docs.
● Web Browser
○ Please install the latest version of one of the following browsers:
■ Microsoft Internet Explorer
■ Mozilla Firefox
■ Google Chrome
■ Apple Safari
● Email Software
○ You are required to have access to email, including the ability to send and receive attachments.
● PDF File Support
○ Your course may present files in PDF format, so make sure you can open PDF files.
● Other Software
○ Depending on your course, you may be required to download and install other free plugins to access streaming media or other web materials.
The MINIMUM Technology Requirements
● Participants are expected to have at least …
○ Basic knowledge of how to work with their computer and its operating system.
○ Basic knowledge of software applications such as word processors, email applications, Internet browsers, and online search engines.
○ NOTE: It is the student’s responsibility to seek out technical assistance as needed from a local resource person. AGVA cannot provide assistance on how to work with your computer and/or its programs.
● Internet Access
○ High-speed access is strongly recommended (such as DSL, cable, fiber optic, etc.).
● Email Account
○ Used for sending and receiving emails with your instructor and/or other students. There are many free services available on the Internet including:
■ Gmail - http://gmail.com
■ Hotmail - http://hotmail.com
● Operating System
○ You will need access to a computer with the following minimum operating system version, or newer:
■ Microsoft Windows 10 or higher
■ Apple Mac OS X 10.12 or higher
■ Google Chrome OS
○ Please make sure that you have installed all available updates for your operating system.